Responsible and inclusive tourism is based on several fundamentals :
- Preservation of nature, respect for the populations encountered, listen, sharing ... Far from mass tourism and mass consumption circuits, these values are qualified as sustainable, ethical, fair, participatory. (Responsible)
- Have a positive impact on local populations while having minimal impact on the environment. (Solidarity)
Travel while respecting nature.
Tourism, a booming activity.
The number of travelers will continue to increase according to forecasts by the World Tourism Organization. This increase in tourist mass is not without consequences for humans and the environment.
- From an environmental point of view, mass tourism leads to overconsumption of local natural resources and a considerable amount of waste to be managed. for example, the consumption of fresh water by large hotel complexes continues to increase dangerously. Besides, in addition to the waste to be treated, pollution is of many kinds : air pollution, water ... nature suffers from our actions, mostly inconsiderate.
- From a human point of view, it requires the construction of major infrastructures (routes, hotels ...) which promotes rural exodus, and abandonment by local populations, in different ways, entire regions for the benefit of tourist complexes.
Responsible tourism, a trip like no other
In recent years, more and more terms and expressions have emerged in the tourism sector.
Ecotourism, fair tourism, solidarity, ethics, responsible, durable…, sometimes difficult for travelers to navigate.
We took a different approach to travel. As transport is one of the most harmful points for the planet. Nowadays, we have implemented a fairly simple protocol in order to reduce the traveler's footprint during their travels.
Our trips are now made :
- in a small group,
We limit the number of participants in a trip to a dozen per group.
- more human,
Each trip is focused on the aspect of humans and their environment. We use all our resources so that the contact between the traveler and the locals is as human as possible : Without artifice.
- more open to others
We make discovery a two-way street : Sharing cultures and opening up to others.
- less consumer
We favor eco-responsible structures, we choose the least polluting modes of transport. We aim for each trip to have its green footprint through a restorative activity such as reforestation.
- and more respectful of the Earth
We are involved in environmental defense groups to reduce the harmful impact of human displacement. We provide the opportunity to capitalize on the carbon consumption of our travelers in the form of environmental restorative activity. We instill the basics and ethics of the responsible traveler.
L’OMT (the World Tourism Organization) has adopted, in 1999, a very precise code of ethics concerning this subject. It is a complete set of principles intended for those involved in tourism development (travel professionals, public authorities, tourists ...). This guide aims to maximize the beneficial effects of tourism while having minimal impact on the environment, but also on cultural heritage.
A new vision of travel
Even if you want the convenience of classic travel, responsible tourism is above all, a conviction that the traveler, carry in him : interest, respect, politeness and attentiveness to local populations while respecting their culture and customs.
Responsible and united travel, it also means respecting the planet by limiting its impact on the environment as much as possible during its itinerary.
But whether you are an experienced traveler or someone looking for new adventures and new encounters, this form of tourism will be, for sure, great satisfaction.
EXAMPLES OF OUR RESPONSIBLE ACTIONS
- Reforestation in natural forest
- Reforestation of mangroves in the north of the island
- Construction of a school in the East region
- Payment of a percentage of trips to local communities. (supplies, local training, drugs,…)
- “No trace” tourism training for our guides and service providers
- Sponsorship and educational support for schoolchildren in the southern region of the island.
- Offer to reduce the carbon footprint of our travelers.
- Apart from responsible and solidarity travel, all our other circuits have a responsible and united axis.